YOUR WRITING CAREER IS WAITING FOR YOU
A revolution has happened in the publishing world. The stigma of self-publishing has vanished with the emergence of thousands of writers who are now earning a living from publishing their own work. We no longer have to wait for the big five traditional publishing houses to rubber stamp our work. In fact, the major houses are now vying for the right to publish writers, rather than the other way around.
Which means . . . the ball is in your court.
- E.L. James' Fifty Shades series began as a self-published e-book before being picked up by a traditional publisher. The trilogy has now sold over 125 million copies.
- At the age of twenty-six, then unknown Amanda Hocking, was selling nine thousand self-published ebook copies of her novels a day. She had already made two million dollars from her efforts when St. Martins Press offered her a two million dollar contract for her next four books.
- Novelist and blogger J.A. Konrath has sold over two million copies of his self-published novels. He refuses to go with a traditional publisher.
- H.M. Ward self-published her first novel, Damaged, as an ebook in the New Adult category. It became a New York Times Bestseller and the series has sold over 4 million copies, all without signing with a traditional publisher.
- Lisa Genova self-published her novel Still Alice through iUniverse. Sales were so strong that it was reissued by Simon and Schuster. It has been translated into twenty languages and spent forty weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, and has been made into an Academy Award-winning film starring Julianne Moore.
- The list is endless!
Are you tired of waiting to hear back from an agent or publisher?
Are you fed up with notes that are not designed to improve your work but simply to make it more “commercial”?
The publishing world has been democratized through a variety of distribution channels including Amazon, Kobo, iBooks, barnesandnoble.com and Smashwords.
In this four day LIVE intensive you will:
- Participate in interviews and Q&A’s with successful self-published authors.
- Learn how to launch a successful book campaign.
- Get recommendations and discounts on professional book designers.
- Learn how to build a platform, develop a brand and market your book.
- Have all of your questions answered from how to upload a book to Amazon, to where to buy a bar code.
- Learn how to leverage book sales into a traditional publishing deal.
- Learn how to sell the world rights to your self-published book.
- Get tips on how to develop a social media presence.
- Join a group of like-minded authors whom you can stay in contact with and support through this process.
- And much more!
Class Length: 4 days
Class Days and Times
Monday-Thursday, July 17-20, 3:00-4:00 p.m. (Pacific Time)
Where: Your telephone